Purpose of Role
In conjunction with the IT strategy; develop, develop and implement current in-house software applications and new software applications where there is a business need. On an ad-hoc basis, the role will also be responsible for developing reports and Excel spreadsheets to assist with decision-making. This role will focus solely on the sales and marketing companies within the group.
- Review business operational requirements and identify where a new system / process could be designed / improved
- Pro-actively put proposals forward for potential projects that provide a business benefit in terms of a long term cost-saving
- Conduct scoping with applicable departments using techniques such as wire framing, then design front end and back end systems to improve operational efficiencies in conjunction with the software development life cycle
- Utilise the IT team and organise sessions with end-users where applicable to conduct user acceptance testing and bug finding sessions prior to installation and deployment
Systems Development & Management
- In-house development of new and current systems to accommodate and optimise data control; including data quality, data integrity and data consistency.
- Management of all systems to maintain 98% uptime and availability
- Management of system upgrades, conformance and new training
- Devise and manage a project plan consisting of all current application developments and timescales
Devising and Managing Revision and Training Documentation
- Ensure any revisions to software are fully documented and explained using screenshots where applicable and presented in a professional handout
- Maintain a developer revision manual explaining newly added / revised program code
Conducting Training and Delivering Training Sessions
- Devise presentations and training plans then deliver them to the target users and stakeholders where necessary
- Work with HR to ensure training forms are signed by the end-users for any training given
Frameworks, API’s, Operating Systems and Programming
- Keep up-to-date with latest frameworks, API versions and .NET developments whilst ensuring all software is compliant
- Deliver applications within the planned lead-time whilst minimising any scope creep unless it provides a justified benefit
- Minimise minor software bugs and ensure any major bugs are ironed out through strenuous scenario testing
- Obtain stakeholder buy-in through detail insight into the business / departmental benefits of the solution
- Clear and concise development manual that another .NET developer can easily follow and see version differences
Skills, knowledge, experience, attitude
In-Depth VB. NET Programming Language with Windows Desktop Applications
In-Depth VBA For Excel and Macros
Microsoft Visual Studio –Thorough Experience with Dynamic Windows Form Design
Microsoft SQL Server Database Design, Administration, Scripting and Data Manipulation
Microsoft Access Database Design, Administration, Scripting and Data Manipulation
Understand and Manipulate XML Structured templates for field mapping
Strong Presentation Skills
Strong Documentation and Analytical Skills
Confident Person with Experience of Business Processes
Data Manipulation and Strong Analytical Skills
Experience of Integrating With External API’s and FTP Servers Via .NET Framework
PHP and ASP.NET
Sage API Knowledge
Microsoft Dynamics Experience
Experience of a System Migration
Core values and how you can live our values
Commitment: Show commitment & pride in doing a good job. Encourage motivation and a positive professional attitude. Focussed approach to meet our aspirations for the team and business.
Teamwork: Be prepared to go the extra miles. Respect our environment and each other. Be reliable, honesty and trustworthy. Have fun, be social and celebrate success.Be understanding and encouraging.
Communication: Communicate in the best personal way. Be open and approachable and listen.. Share and involve where appropriate.
Development: Coach, train and mentor colleagues. Create a learning environment.
Responsibility and Accountability: Encourage positive feedback and challenge. Be organised, proactive and show initiative. Give praise when due. Take ownership, responsibility and be accountable.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to our HR Department – email@example.com